Thursday 4 August 2011

Blackpool Art Society preview evening

Yes, after all that hard work (mostly by Carole), the preview evening at Fylde Gallery, Booths went really well with a good turn out. Everything looked very professional and things were ship shape.  I even got to shake the Mayor's hand as I was awarded with a prize (canvas) for runner up for the poster competition for the exhibition door (it was very embarrassing, but a lovely surprise - again thanks to Carole).  It was nice to have another look at the artwork we'd put up, but with a different eye.  There is a good variety and a very high standard.  I shall be doing a duty sitting later on in the month which will be a first for me - so that should be fun.  I was even thinking of taking a sketchbook and making use of the time, but based on the amount of visitors the exhibitions attract, I doubt there'd be time (also I'd probably be too self-conscious!)